1st Leg: 31st August 2017:
- Uganda Vs Egypt – Mandela National Stadium, Namboole, Kampala
2nd Leg: 6th September 2017
- Egypt Vs Uganda Cranes – Borg El Arab Stadium, Alexanderia
Egypt national football team and delegation arrived in Uganda on Tuesday night.
The team of 25 players and a host of officials set foot at Entebbe International Airport at 9:20 p.m.
Legendary goalkeeper Essam El-Hadary is among the three goalkeepers on the team.
Arsenal midfielder Mohamed ElNeny led the the cast of midfielders that also has Stoke City’s Ramadan Sobhi, Wigan Athletic’s Sam Morsy, Zamalek’s Tarek Hamed among others. Liverpool forward Mohamed Salah is among the 5 forwards on the team.
The group was driven to a convoy and checked in at the Sheraton Kampala Hotel.
The Pharaohs are expected to conduct a final training session at the Mandela National stadium on this afternoon.
- Goalkeepers: Essam El-Hadary (Al-Taawoun, KSA), Sherif Ekramy (Ahly), Ahmed El-Shennawy (Zamalek)
- Defenders: Ahmed Fathi, Saad Samir, Rami Rabia, Ahmed Hegazi (West Brom, England), Ahmed Elmohamady (Aston Villa, ENG), Mohamed Abdel-Shafy (Ahli, KSA), Karim Hafez (RC Lens, France), Omar Gaber (FC Basel)
- Midfielders: Mohamed ElNeny (Arsenal, England), Ramadan Sobhi (Stoke City, England), Sam Morsy (Wigan Athletic, ENG), Mahmoud Trezeguet (Kasımpaşa, Turkey), Mostafa Fathi (Al Taawoun, KSA), Abdallah El-Said, Hossam Ashour, Saleh Gomaa (Ahly), Tarek Hamed (Zamalek), Mohamed Fathi (Ismaily)
- Forwards: Mohamed Salah (Liverpool, England), Mahmoud Kahraba (Ittihad, KSA), Amr Gamal (Bidvest Wits, South Africa), Ahmed Hassan Kouka (Sporting Braga, Portugal), Hossam Hassan (Smouha)