With a couple of weeks to the start of the 2017-18 season, Vipers Sports Club have announced plans to officially launch the campaign.
This was revealed by club patron Lawrence Mulindwa on Sunday in a brief press briefing at St. Mary’s stadium, Kitende.
The launch will take place on Saturday September 9, 2017 at Kitende on a day dubbed ‘Launch of the 2017/18 season’.
“We have had a lot of preparations starting in July. I hope by the time the season begins, we shall be ready to challenge for the championship,” Mulindwa said.
“The occasion will begin at 5pm and will be free of charge. We have different stakeholders, the sponsors, players, fans and well-wishers. We want to bring everyone on board.”
“Fans are very important, without them, Vipers can’t be same– we want to see everybody being entertained, interact with different stakeholders.
“When they come to watch matches, they don’t have enough time to do that.”
On the dame day, last season’s exceptional performers will be rewarded, unveil the home and away kit for the season, launch of the seasonal tickets as well as membership cards and also the shop for the club merchandise.
The days’ activities
- Fans day out
- Unveil all the players we are going to use next season.
- Award players – recognize individuals who excelled last season.
- Unveil new kit for new season – including replicas for fans.
- The overall programme for the season
- Launch of the fans membership cards
- Launch of the seasonal tickets
- Our shop for merchandise will also be open that day