The Uganda U-20 national football team (The Hippos) safely arrived in the Zambian town of Ndola on Monday afternoon ahead of the 2017 COSAFA U-20 tournament.
According to the team’s media officer, Farid Mpagi, the team then moved 60 KM to Kitwe town where they are accommodated at Nobutula Lodge.
“We traveled safely from Entebbe via Addis Ababa and Lumbumbashi to finally Ndola at the Levy Mwanawasa International Airport,” he narrated to Airtel Football.
“All the players and the other team officials are in good health. We also conducted a light session at the Chipolopolo training facility in Kitwe.”
The players led by their head coach Mathias Lule and assistants James Odoch with the goalkeeping coach Samuel Kawalya held a light training session after arrival, at the Chipolopolo training facility.
Uganda Hippos will play hosts and defending champions Zambia on Wednesday in one of the three matches on the menu.
Uganda U-20 Contingent in Zambia:
- Goalkeepers: Eric Kibowa (Vipers/ St Marys Kitende), Keni Saidi (Proline), Ali Mwerusi (St Marys’ Kitende)
- Right Backs: Fred Okot (URA), Andrew Okiringi (USA)
- Left Backs: Mustapha Kizza (KCCA), Victor Matovu (Aspire Academy, Qatar)
- Central Defenders: Mustapha Mujjuzi (Proline), Geoffrey Wasswa (Vipers)
- Holding Midfielders: Abubaker Muhammed Kasule (Express), Julius Poloto (KCCA)
- Wingers: David Owori (Proline) Pius Obuya (Maroons)
- Offensive midfielders: Frank Tumwesigye (Vipers), Shafiq Kagimu (URA), Allan Okello (KCCA)
- Forwards: Muhammad Shaban (KCCA), Mujahid Baden (Vipers), Steven Mukwala (Vipers), Hamis Tibita (BUL)
- Head of Delegation: Hajji Abdul Ssekabira Lukooya
- Head coach: Mathias Lule
- Assistant Coach: James Odoch
- Goalkeeping Coach: Samuel Kawalya
- Team Manager: Suliat Makumbi
- Team Doctor: Ivan Ssewanyana
- Official: Lawrence Kizito
- Media Officer: Farid Mpagi