CAF Champions League (Group A):
- KCCA (Uganda) 2-0 Al Ahly (Egypt)
KCCA coach Mike Mutebi has lauded midfielder Sadam Juma and goalkeeper Charles Lukwago’s performances after their 2-0 win over Egypt’s Al Ahly in the CAf Champions League group stage match played at Mandela National Stadium on Tuesday.
Sadam netted KCCA’s first goal in the 73rd minute courtesy of his long range shot that beat Al Ahly goalkeeper El Shenawy.
Lukwago made several stops as well three of them, one-on-one situations as well as saving Walid Soliman’s penalty that should have handed the North Africans the lead in the 24th minute.
Mutebi was happy at their performance as well as his team’s tactical execution.
We exhibited very tactical discipline. As a coach am satisfied with the result on the day and the performance of the team players particularly the goalkeeper (Charles Lukwago) and Sadam Juma. There is still a lot to play for in the group.
Team Line Ups:
Charles Lukwago (G.K), Denis Okot Oola, Mustafa Kizza, Habib Kavuma, Timothy Denis Awany (Captain), Isaac Kirabira (70’ Derrick Paul Nsibambi), Allan Okello, Ibrahim Saddam Juma, Jackson Nunda (47’ Lawrence Bukenya), Muhammed Shaban (85’ Paul Mucureezi), Julius Poloto
Subs Not Used:
Tom Ikara (G.K), Paul Mucureezi, Paul Musamali, Fillbert Obenchan, Solomon Okwalinga.
Al Ahly Sporting Club XI:
Mohamed El Shenawy (G.K), Mohamed Eldmerdash, Abdelmontelb, Samir Saad Ali, Naguib El Gharel Mohammed, Elsoulia, Hussein, Walid Said Ebeid (66’ Ahmed Hussein Ahmed Hafez), Tharwat, Mahlambi, Hossam Alhour (Captain) – 75’ Islam Mohareb
Sherif Ekramy Ahmed (G.K), Ahmed Fathi Abd El Monem , Basem Abdelnabi, Salah Mohsen Mohamed Shalabi
- Center Referee: Victor Miguel De Freitas Gomes (South Africa)
- 1st Assistant Referee: Zakhele Thusi Siwela (South Africa)
- 2nd Assistant Referee: Johannes Sello Moshidi (South Africa)
- Fourth Official: Victor Tinyiko Hlungwani (South Africa)
- Commissioner: Kidane Melles Terfe (Eritrea)
- General Coordinator: Alexander Sakyi Asante (Ghana)
- Media Officer: Collins Okinyo (Kenya)