CAF U-20 Qualifiers (2nd Round, 2nd Leg):
- Cameroon Vs Uganda – Yaounde
Left back Mustafa Kizza is poised to return to the national U20 team – The Uganda Hippos as the side prepares for the second leg against Cameroon in the CAF U20 second round qualifiers.
The defender missed two games following a red card in the first leg of the opening encounter with neighbours, South Sudan.
He sat out the return leg away to South Sudan in Juba as well as the first leg with the Cameroonians.
On Monday, the team resumed a double session at the Africa Bible University (ABU) campus where they are camped in a residential setting.
Uganda claimed the first leg when striker Steven Mukwala’s 44th minute goal helped the side win the game played on the Lugogo astro turf in Kampala.
The head coach Mathias Lule is hopeful they will earn a decent result away from home and qualify for the next stage against Mali.
We had a target to score and never concede at home. We shall still play to get an away goal during the return leg and avoid to concede at all times.
The Uganda U-20 team is expected to depart the country on Wednesday.
Some of the Uganda U-20 players in Camp at Lubowa:
- Goalkeepers: Saidi Keni (Proline), Denis Otim (Mbarara FC), Dennis Darren Ssebugwawo (Telesa, Mutundwe)
- Right backs: Paul Willa (Police), Fred Okot (URA)
- Left Backs: Robert Kitabalwa (St Mary’s Kitende S.S), Herbert Achai (Kibuli S.S and KCCA Junior Team)
- Central Defenders: Mustafa Mujuzi (Proline), Geofrey Wasswa (Vipers), Bashir Asiku (Vipers)
- Midfielders: Abubaker Kasule (Unattached), Ivan Eyam (Amus College and Ktaka FC), Frank “Zaga” Tumwesigye (Vipers), Faisal Ssekyanzi (St Mary’s Nabweru), Raymond Onyai (Kataka)
- Forwards: Steven Mukwala (Vipers), Hamisi Tibita (BUL)
Three KCCA Expected in Camp on Tuesday evening:
- Allan Okello, Mustafa Kizza, Julius Poloto (Team Captain)