CAF U-20 Qualifiers (2nd Round, 2nd Leg)
- Friday, 18th May 2018:
- Cameroon Vs Uganda – Yaounde
Uganda U-20 Head coach Mathias Lule has named his final traveling team that will face Cameroon in the return leg of the CAF U-20 qualifiers for this Friday in Yaounde.
The team was named after the early morning training session at the University of Kisubi on Wednesday.
Team captain Julius Poloto, Allan Okello and Mustafa Kizza will travel with the team despite featuring for KCCA in their 2-0 home win against Egyptian Al Ahly Sporting Club at Namboole stadium.
We travel to Cameroon to accomplish a mission and fulfil the goals on a journey we started. We shall not go to defend. We want to kill off the game.
Returning Kizza, suspended for two matches after a red card against South Sudan returns and travels with two other left backs Herbert Achai and Robert Kitabalwa.
There are three central defenders on the team; vice captain Musitafa Mujjuzi, Bashir Asiku and Geoffrey Wasswa.
Frank “Zagga” Tumwesigye, Allan Okello, Ivan Eyam and Abubaker Muhammad Kasule travel as the midfielders.
The contingent will fly out tonight (Thursday morning 2.45am) aboard Ethiopian Airlines.
Uganda U-20 players in Camp at Lubowa:
- Goalkeepers: Saidi Keni (Proline), Denis Otim (Mbarara FC)
- Right backs: Paul Willa (Police), Fred Okot (URA)
- Left Backs: Mustafa Kizza (KCCA), Robert Kitabalwa (St Mary’s Kitende S.S), Herbert Achai (Kibuli S.S and KCCA Junior Team)
- Central Defenders: Mustafa Mujuzi (Proline), Geofrey Wasswa (Vipers), Bashir Asiku (Vipers)
- Midfielders: Julius Poloto (KCAA), Allan Okello (KCCA), Abubaker Kasule (Unattached), Ivan Eyam (Amus College and Ktaka FC), Frank “Zaga” Tumwesigye (Vipers), Faisal Ssekyanzi (St Mary’s Nabweru)
- Forwards: Steven Mukwala (Vipers), Hamisi Tibita (BUL)
Leader of Delegation: Richard Ochom
Sebastien Desabre (Uganda Cranes coach), Mathias Lule (Uganda U-20 Head coach), James Odoch (Assistant coach U-20), Sam Kawalya (Goalkeeping coach)
Emmanuel Nakabago (Team Doctor), Sulait Makumbi (Team Coordinator), Switzen Niwagaba (FUFA Delegate-Western Region), Bosco Omario (Media Officer)