FIFA Rankings (October 2019) – CECAFA Countries:
- Uganda (1311 points) – 79th
- Kenya (1195 Points) – 108th
- Sudan (1111 Points) – 128th
- Rwanda (1106 points) – 129th
- Tanzania (1084 points) – 133rd
- Burundi (1057 Points) – 146th
- Ethiopia (1049 Points) – 151st
- South Sudan (997 Points) – 162nd
- Djibouti (916 Points) – 185th
- Somalia (879 Points) – 198th
- Eritrea (856 Points) – 206th
The latest FIFA rankings table released indicates that Uganda is now 79th, an improvement by one slot from 80th as of September 2019.
Uganda Cranes’ slight improvement could be attributed to the two latest results in international football, a goalless stalemate with Kenya in Nairobi and the 1-0 away win over Ethiopia.
Also, Uganda Cranes (locally based team) overcame Burundi back to back to qualify 6-0 on aggregate to the Championship of African Nations (Chan) final tournament for the 5th time in a row.
Uganda now has 1311 points, an increment from 1305.
The second best in the CECAFA region is Kenya in the 108th position (1195 points).
Somalia improved by one place to 198th with 879 points.
Eritrea is the lowest CECAFA member nation in the 206th position on 856 points.
Uganda Cranes will face Burkina Faso next month in the 2021 Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers away in Ouagadougou on 13th November 2019 and will four days later host Malawi at the Mandela National Stadium, Namboole.